NR Grades

Main Content

NR Grade Information

If a student's final grade in an undergraduate or graduate course is not officially submitted by the instructor by the University's grade submission deadline, a "not recorded" (NR) placeholder grade will be entered for the student by staff in the Registrar's Office.  The instructor will then be required to submit an official grade change card to the Registrar's Office in order to give that student the proper final grade.

As a placeholder grade, the NR does not count – positively or negatively – in the student's GPA calculation, nor does it change the student's academic standing.  However, when the proper final grade is submitted, the GPA will be recalculated, as will the academic standing, and one or both of them could be changed as a result.

A student who has an NR grade on their student record should check with their instructor or the department to help expedite the process of receiving a proper final grade.  A student's degree may not be awarded while they have an NR grade on their student record.