Academic departments wishing to schedule their academic courses should visit the classroom scheduling guidelines page instead of this one.
Student groups wishing to reserve space in a University facility should become familiar with the information at scheduling.siu.edu, which includes info about and access to the new online facility reservation system. In addition, student groups should review the following terms and conditions for the use of academic space.
Terms and Conditions for the Use of Academic Space
- All reservations must be made by an approved Certified Scheduling Officer.
- All reservations must be made at least five business days before the event.
- The University reserves the right to cancel this reservation if it conflicts in any way with the general policy of the University regarding meetings on campus; or to change this reservation to other rooms with the understanding that, if possible, comparable space will be provided when the change is necessary.
- The room must be returned to the state it was found in. Any unauthorized adjustments will be corrected (by the Physical Plant Service) at the expense of organization using the space.
- Any use of University property for general scheduling outside of regular operational hours, 8 AM – 10 PM, is subject to Physical Plant charges at regular pay rates; for general scheduling on official University holidays, charges for any hours are assessed at time-and-a-half pay rates. This regulation includes all academic classrooms and all general purpose facilities.
- All users of University property are held responsible for the proper care of the facilities and premises they schedule; a reasonable sum will be assessed for all uncommon loss or damage for which users are responsible.
- In the interest of personal safety of guests of the University, students, and staff, all reservations for University space are approved on the assumption that the building will not be used in excess of the normal seating capacity and will be used as normally equipped. It is further agreed that the posted safety and fire regulation will be followed.
- Smoking is prohibited in all academic classrooms and all general purpose facilities.
- All aisles leading to exit doors must be kept clear and unobstructed. During the period of use, exit doors will not be fastened in such a manner that the doors cannot be readily opened from the inside.
- If your group utilizes room technology, it must be returned to the way it was found.
- Failure to comply with any of these terms or conditions will result in the suspension of scheduling ability for your group.
A listing of spaces controlled by our office is here. For any assistance with regard to these spaces, please e-mail email@example.com or call (618) 453-2997. For assistance with scheduling other areas of campus, please refer to scheduling.siu.edu.