What Do Students Need To Know? Main Content
1. About the registration process ...
- Who is my academic advisor?
- What classes are available ... and when?
- When does advance registration begin?
- What is my DAWG Tag number?
- How do I actually register myself for classes? Do it now in SalukiNet.
- What is a RUN number?
- Can I get approved for a registration overload?
2. About my enrollment once I register ...
- What course materials will I need?
- When are the various academic deadlines during the term?
- Can I audit a class (instead of taking it for credit)?
- What is the attendance policy ... and what do I do if I need to miss class?
- How do I get a verification of my enrollment for ... ?
- How do I make changes to ... ?
- How do I withdraw from the University?
- When are final exams?
- When do I need to declare a major?
3. About grades, GPA, and scholastic standing ...
- What is the grading system used at the University?
- How do I calculate my GPA?
- Can I appeal a grade I've been given?
- What happens if I get an Incomplete grade for a course?
- What is the policy about repeating a course I've already taken?
- What is my scholastic standing ... and why should I be concerned about it?
- When is there recognition for high scholastic achievement?
4. About my student records ...
- How do I request an official transcript of my student records?
- Can I see my student records without requesting an official transcript?
- Under what circumstances can my student records be released?
5. About other things ...
- Am I required to take a Math placement exam?
- I'm here as a transfer student, so now what?
- Are there orientation activities for incoming students?
- I'm a former student and want to return, so what should I do?
- How much should I expect to pay for tuition and fees (and other expenses)?
- What is the process to graduate?
- What else is happening at the University?
- Can I vote while living here in the Carbondale area?
- Does anyone know the rules for my computer passwords?