Information Change | Registrar's Office | SIU

SIU Logo

Office of the Registrar

Enrollment Management

Information Change

Major Changes

Students should see the advisement unit within their college if they are interested in changing majors, adding a concentration to their major, adding a minor, etc.  Undergraduate students may need to satisfy a certain minimum GPA in order for such changes to be permitted (see section "Changing Majors" in Chapter 2 of the Undergraduate Catalog for details).  Formal paperwork requesting curricular changes for a term must be received by the Registrar's Office (or the Graduate School in the case of graduate students) by Week 2 of the term; otherwise, the change will be put into effect for the following term.

Address and Phone Changes

Students may submit address and phone changes using the MyRecords tab of SalukiNet.  You may provide separate permanent (home), mailing (local), and billing addresses.  Information about how addresses are used is available here.

Emergency Contact Information Changes

Students may supply and update emergency contact information using the MyRecords tab of SalukiNet.  In the event of an emergency directly impacting the student, appropriate SIUC personnel will be able to use this information to quickly contact family (or other persons noted in the emergency contact information) with information about the student.

Name Changes

Please present the completed Name Change Request Form to the Registrar’s Office in the Student Services Building, room 0251, along with official identifying documentation.  Acceptable forms of ID include a state-issued picture ID and one of the following:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Court Order
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport (for international students)

If you cannot come to our office in person, you may submit the completed form and copies of the official documentation by mail to the Registrar's Office, Student Services Building, room 0251, Mail Code 4701, 1263 Lincoln Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901.  You may also fax the request to (618) 453-2915.  If you have any questions about this, you may call (618) 453-2999 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM CT).