Registrar's Office Main Content
Take 15 credits per semester
to finish college on time
Take 15 credits per semester to make your college education more affordable.
Take 15 credits per semester to enter the workforce faster.
Graduating on time puts you in a position to begin making money sooner.
Graduating on time means you are in the workforce longer and your lifetime earnings will be higher.
Graduating on time leads to more options in your life, including pursuing a graduate degree, taking time off to travel, or to do volunteer work.
Take control of your education. Working with your advisor will keep you on track to graduate on time.
If you take less than 15 hours per semester, enroll in summer session to stay on schedule to graduate in four years.
Research shows that the longer one is in college, the less likely the student is to complete a degree.
Important Academic Reminders:
- The Spring 2015 semester began Tuesday, January 20.
- Need to add a late-starting Spring class? Consider these on-campus classes or these online classes, many of which begin in mid-March.
- Spring 2015 second half classes begin Monday, March 23.
- Applications for May 2015 graduation are no longer being taken. You may apply for August 2015 graduation instead. Such applications for August 2015 may be done online within SalukiNet and are due by Friday, June 26. Because there is no longer an August ceremony, those August 2015 candidates who wish to participate in a ceremony would do so on Saturday, December 19 at the SIU Arena. For more details, please see the announcement within SalukiNet.
Later Spring 2015:
- Deadline to drop (withdraw from) a full-term class (with a W grade) — Sunday, April 5
- Registration will be restricted on Monday, April 6 (see here for details). Be sure to check SalukiNet on that day to see if you have any new registration holds so that you can get them taken care of before Summer and Fall 2015 registration begins.
- Advance registration for Summer and Fall 2015 classes begins Tuesday, April 7.
- Honors Day — Saturday, April 11
- Spring 2015 final exams — May 11-15
- Online grade submission for full-term Spring 2015 courses begins Monday, May 11.
- Grade changes for INC grades (undergraduate from Fall 2014; graduate from Spring 2014) must be submitted by Friday, May 15 to avoid having the INC grade automatically changed to an F grade.
- Spring 2015 Commencement — Saturday, May 16 at the SIU Arena (ceremony times here)
- Spring 2015 grades are due from instructors by Monday, May 18 at 3:00 PM.
What We Do:
The Registrar's Office provides administrative services and academic support to currently enrolled students and the campus community, as well as to prospective and former students. We are located in room 0251 of the new Student Services Building.
The primary goals of the Registrar's Office are to assist students in the registration process, assess tuition and fees, monitor students' academic progress, and determine eligibility for degree. The Registrar's Office also provides many specialized services for students such as transcript distribution, enrollment verification, and withdrawal.
For the academic units, the Registrar's Office oversees all general classroom space assignments, coordinates faculty and staff access to the Banner Student Information System, and identifies the students to be recognized for University-wide high scholastic achievement (such as Deans List and Honors Day).
The organization of the Registrar's Office is shown here.