What other mandatory things should I take care of right away as I get started at SIU?
Congratulations on your admission to SIU. As a part of joining the family of the second largest public university system in Illinois, there are some things you need to make sure you get taken care of to ensure that you will be able to register not only for your first term but also for subsequent terms.
We have already pointed out on our student home page that many students will need to be concerned with taking a Math placement exam, with signing up for orientation activities, and with contracting with University Housing. Noted below are a few more things.
- 1. Getting your DAWG Tag and claiming your Network ID
- 2. Submitting your final academic credentials
- 3. Submitting proof of immunizations
- 4. Completing mandatory training
- 5. Obtaining an @siu.edu e-mail address
- 6. Getting familiar with SalukiNet
- 7. Other things